EM3 is an energy management company that focuses on the energy performance of industrial manufacturing facilities. EM3 is part of the SHV Energy group which has 17,000 employees worldwide. In the past 2 years we have delivered energy management services on large industrial sites in 24 different countries.
At EM3 we strive to make working with us a mutually beneficial relationship, offering our employees exposure to all areas of our business and supporting their progression through their chosen career path. EM3 are CPD accredited with Engineers Ireland and provide employees with an exciting, challenging and rewarding career in a dynamic and rapidly expanding company which strives to reduce the impact of large industries on the environment and reduce global warming emissions.
Our team includes a mix of engineers and data scientists who are educated in the following sectors: Energy Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Building Services Engineering.
The Business & Operational controller is responsible for supporting the core operational activity of EM3. In this role you will report directly to the CFO.
Utilizing in-depth knowledge of financial processes, systems, and rhythms you will be directly responsible for developing a cohesive, cross functional, companywide framework that supports the core operational project delivery, key initiatives, investments, and process enhancements to deliver financial results.
Processes improvement through automation, simplification, standardized reporting, and improved planning tools is a must, as we are looking to create scalable results that drive decision making while growing our business exponentially and globally in the coming years.
The successful candidate will be a partner for the business and will strive to always bring insights that create value.
Demonstrated skillsets and experience to be successful in this role includes:
- Ability to standardize and scale processes (globally)
- Ability to manage projects and implement reporting tools such as dashboards and predictive insights in BI Tools
- Build and maintain strong relationships with cross functional teams
- Collaborate with finance team-members (accounting) to identify best practice solutions to business developments
- Strong time management skill set, with a focus on results, and achieving milestones
- Takes initiative and has a continuous improvement and growth mindset
- Ability to connect the dots and influence decision makers, balance between short term and longer term thinking
- Driving strategy and improvement in systems and processes globally across various finance and operational process areas, whilst supporting other process areas.
- Maintaining and enhancing financial planning and budgeting processes to support the overall goals and objectives of the organization.
- Responsible for assisting the business in planning for the future; contribute the Process Excellence “perspective” as it relates to the formulation of business strategy, development of business plans, implementation of key business initiatives, and ongoing execution of business processes/operations.
- Maximise benefits to be realized from our ERP implementation (MS Dynamics Project Operations) by monitoring business performance
- Analysing and interpreting financial data to identify trends, issues, and opportunities for improvement.
- Preparing financial reports and presentations for management, board of directors, SHV Energy Group and other stakeholders.
- Providing guidance and support to managers and employees on financial matters, such as budgeting, cost control, and financial planning.
- Developing and implementing financial policies and procedures to ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Developing and implementing a financial and operational risk- and internal control framework
- Collaborating with other departments to identify and assess potential risks and opportunities.
- Providing guidance and direction to the finance team and supporting the development of team members.
- Reviewing and challenge project financials for month-end closing
The ideal candidate has:
- At least 7+ years of FP&A and or Business Finance in a professional service organization
- Hands-on knowledge of developing analytics in Business Analytics Software (e.g. PowerBI or Tableau)
- Bachelor or Master degree in accounting, finance or business economics
- A passion to use technology (ERP/Automation/BI) to improve and optimize financial and operational processes
- Problem solving/Continuous Improvement/Business Process Management skills with some formal training/accreditation is a real plus
- Highly disciplined and process-oriented with excellent communication and presence
- Sound analytical skills, ability to manipulate and interpret data
- Solid business acumen and judgment
- Self-motivated and goal oriented
- Tactful, exercises independent judgment and discretion
- Excellent written/oral communication & presentation skills
- Ability to function well in high-energy business environments
- A competitive Salary and expense package with performance bonus
- Flexible work schedule
- Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Work from home opportunities
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Early finish Friday’s
- Life insurance
- Education reimbursement
- LinkedIn Learning
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next steps in your career, then please submit your CV and cover letter below.